Asbestos Awareness Training
Types of Training
All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing materials and know what to do if they come across them. The training needs to be appropriate for the work and the roles undertaken by individuals.
Under Regulation 10 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos during the course of their work.
There are three types of asbestos training:
- Awareness training
- Training for work with asbestos that does not require a licence from HSE.
- Training for asbestos work that does require a licence from HSE.
This training is for those persons who are liable to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or who may influence how work is carried out, such as:
- General maintenance workers
- Painters and decorators
- Construction workers
- Shop fitters
- Building surveyors
You will need awareness training so you know how to avoid the risks and how to protect yourself.
Refresher training should not be a repeat of the initial training. It should be given at least once a year and be appropriate to the workers’ familiarity with the work.
Asbestos Awareness Instructor Led Courses
Our instructor led training courses can be off the shelf or tailored to suit your requirements. They can be taken in-house or held at various locations around the country.
The advantages of classroom led training are:
- Experienced competent and BOHS qualified asbestos industry specialist tutors
- Bespoke packages available, option to include organisation specific policies, procedures and images
- Packages available to suit all budgets.
- Flexible booking dates available nationwide.
Please contact us for a quotation.
Armstrong Environmental Ltd
Unit 13, City West Business Park
Company No: 6317253 VAT: 916 043
Registered Office: Quarryburn House, 15 Quarryburn Lane, Hunwick, County Durham DL15 0RE