Asbestos Awareness Training
Types of Training
All workers who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos containing materials and know what to do if they come across them. The training needs to be appropriate for the work and the roles undertaken by individuals.
Under Regulation 10 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to those employees who are liable to be exposed to asbestos during the course of their work.
There are three types of asbestos training:
- Awareness training
- Training for work with asbestos that does not require a licence from HSE.
- Training for asbestos work that does require a licence from HSE.
This training is for those persons who are liable to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or who may influence how work is carried out, such as:
- General maintenance workers
- Painters and decorators
- Construction workers
- Shop fitters
- Building surveyors
You will need awareness training so you know how to avoid the risks and how to protect yourself.
Refresher training should not be a repeat of the initial training. It should be given at least once a year and be appropriate to the workers’ familiarity with the work.
Online Asbestos Awareness Training
Online learning (often referred to as e–learning) is increasingly used as a method of providing asbestos awareness training. The HSE do recognise the use of e-learning as a viable delivery method provided the course content complies with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
The advantages of online training are:
- Flexible: Learners can proceed through a training program “at their own pace and at their own place.”
- Accessible: E-Learning courses are accessible 24 hours per day, seven days a week via any pc, laptop or tablet with Internet access.
- Efficient: Reduced costs – No room hire, travel costs or need to bring large numbers of staff together at one time.
- Increased retention: Students have the ability to revisit sections of training that might not have been clear first time around.
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduced travel costs reduces the impact on the environment.
Our e-learning courses costs just £25 including VAT per person
(significant discounts available for group bookings)
Asbestos Awareness Instructor Led Courses
Our instructor led training courses can be off the shelf or tailored to suit your requirements. They can be taken in-house or held at various locations around the country.
The advantages of classroom led training are:
- Experienced competent and BOHS qualified asbestos industry specialist tutors
- Bespoke packages available, option to include organisation specific policies, procedures and images
- Packages available to suit all budgets.
- Flexible booking dates available nationwide.
Please contact us for a quotation.
Visit our sister site www.AsbestosAcademy.co.uk to register for our asbestos awareness e-learning courses.
Armstrong Environmental Ltd
Unit 13, City West Business Park
Company No: 6317253 VAT: 916 043
Registered Office: Quarryburn House, 15 Quarryburn Lane, Hunwick, County Durham DL15 0RE