Occupational hygiene is the recognition, evaluation and control of risks within the working environment.
Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people's health at risk, so the law requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) (as amended) sets out how to protect both employees and others who may be exposed.
'If you as an employer fail to adequately control hazardous substances, your employees or others may become ill. Effects from hazardous substances range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease or, on occasions, death.' HSE Website
Our qualified occupational hygienists have experience of a wide variety of industries and are sensitive to the cost-effectiveness of proposed control measures. We can guide you through the 'eight steps' of COSHH to ensure your compliance.
Our Occupational Hygeine Services:
- Monitoring to assess operator exposure to hazardous dusts, mists, fumes, fibres and vapours
- Noise at work assessments, including hearing protection suitability.
- Environmental Noise Assessments
- Assessment of exposure to hand-arm vibration (HAV)
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Testing
Armstrong Environmental Ltd
Unit 13, City West Business Park
Company No: 6317253 VAT: 916 043
Registered Office: Quarryburn House, 15 Quarryburn Lane, Hunwick, County Durham DL15 0RE